Recently in one of my posts, I mentioned that only few of my friends read my blog. For that I got various emails from many of friends trying to tell me that they visit my site often and encouraged me to set some time aside to post my recipes. It really lifted me and I am working towards it. Sorry folks for saying that and thanks for visiting my site.
Raining Banana Recipes at my blog today. What to do, I had so many ripe bananas and Ravi wouldn't eat them, I had to figure out something. Sunday is mostly dedicated to baking at my place and since I love Baking, I try to collect as many recipes as possible and set something aside for Sunday.
The main speciality of this post is the combination of Banana and Chocolate Chips in one of the muffins, I wanted to try something different from regular banana-walnut combination. Ravi was surprised at the combination and he asked me hundred times why I wanted to try that. You know Ravi sometimes can't digest some different combinations but he did say he liked the muffin. To me the muffin was moist and the chocolate chips were creamy inside, it was heavenly combination.
Chocolate also goes very well with Rasberry and especially White Chocolate. There is also an icecream from Haagen Daaz that says White Chocolate with Rasberry Truffles, I think you should definitely try that or come to my place as I keep one box of it in my Freezer all the time.
I had this recipe written somewhere from a long time and this is totally eggless which is something special to me, otherwise I rarely find any without eggs.
To the below quantites, I used only half for my baking.
Printer Friendly Recipe: Banana Muffins
4 ripe bananas (I used 2)
3/4 cup sugar (I used half)
1/3 cup butter (I used half)
1 tsp soda (I used 1/2 tsp)
1 tsp baking powder ( I used 1/2 tsp)
1/2 tsp salt (1/4 salt)
1 1/2 cups flour (I used 1 cup flour)
For Banana Walnut Muffins, half cup of crushed walnuts.
For Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, half cup of chocolate chips, I used Ghiradellis.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mash bananas, add sugar and melted butter and whisk with hand blender for a minute.
- Mix all dry ingredients in another bowl and slowly add them to the above blended mixture. Mix with hand blender again.
- Divide the dough into 2 parts. Add chocolate chips to one half and chopped walnuts to the other half and mix lightly.
- Fill muffin cups, I used Pyrex bowls to make into two big ones.
- For decoration, sprinkle walnuts and chocolate chips on the respective ones.
- Bake for 20-30 mins or until the tooth pick inserted comes out clean.