July 4, 2008

Aloo Manchuria



Indo-Chinese: Aloo Manchuria (Aloo: Potato: Aloo Gadda)


Aloo/Potato Manchuria is my sister's favorite dish and she has been making this for quite sometime now and each time she tried she asked me to try and see how it tastes. I told my mom that we should make that and she immediately started cutting potatoes but let me tell you that she hates potatoes big time and she ate only one piece after making it. She says one piece once in a while is ok but not everyday. Btw, Ravi commented on this and said that he found Aloo Manchuria more tastier than any other Manchuria.


Sending this over to A.W.E.D Theme: Chinese


Anyways, coming to the Recipe, here it is..


Printer-Friendly Recipe: Aloo Manchuria


Potatoes-2 (cut into any shape you want)
1 cup each of Maida and Corn flour
1 onion
1 capcisum/green bell pepper
2 tbsp chilli garlic sauce
2 green chillies, chopped (and increase according to your taste)
1 tbsp chopped ginger
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp pepper
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil for shallow frying
oil for deep frying
ajinomoto, a pinch
half bunch cilantro
spring onions, optional for garnish



  1. Add maida, corn flour, salt and pepper to the potatoes and mix well with very little water.

  2. Deep fry potatoes in oil and keep aside.

  3. Take a wide pan, pour 2 tbsp oil, add green chillies, ginger and garlic pieces and fry for a minute.

  4. Increase heat and add onions and green peppers and fry them till until they turn light brown.

  5. Add soy sauce, chilli garlic sauce, ajinomoto, pepper, salt and little water. Let that cook for a minute. Add cilantro and mix well.

  6. Add fried potatoes and mix until the mixture coats well on all potatoes. Remove and garnish with cilantro or spring onions. Serve hot.

11 comments:

easycrafts said...

Interesting...have to try it

Vani said...

Never tried aloo manchurian. Sounds & looks delish!

Cynthia said...

Lata this looks really delicious, I particularly like the colour!

I hope that you are well.

D said...

The color of this dish is rocking - Jus like u wud get in restaurant types. I have made aloo koftas, but not manchurians. Have got to try this :) Thanks for sending these wonderful bites by way :) for AWED

DK
http://culinarybazaar.blogspot.com

Anonymoussaid...

For hottest news you have to pay a quick visit world-wide-web and on web I found this web page as
a most excellent web site for most recent updates.

Here is my blog - Wholesale Jerseys

Anonymoussaid...

My brother suggested I might like this website.
He was totally right. This post actually made my day.
You cann't imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

Here is my weblog - helpful resources

Anonymoussaid...

What's up i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anywhere, when i read this post i thought i could also make comment due to this good article.

Here is my blog - Louis Vuitton

Anonymoussaid...

Hi mates, its impressive article about cultureand fully defined, keep
it up all the time.

my blog; Nike Air Jordan

Anonymoussaid...

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an incredibly long
comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not
writing all that over again. Anyhow, just wanted to say excellent
blog!

Look at my web-site :: Nike Free Run Sko

Anonymoussaid...

Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that
I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I will be
subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently rapidly.


Look at my blog; Sac Guess Pas Cher

Anonymoussaid...

Hi there, You have done a great job. I will definitely digg it and personally
suggest to my friends. I'm confident they'll be benefited from this site.



Take a look at my web blog ... Boutique Air Max

 
© free template by uniQue menu with : CSSplay photo header : pdphoto