Indo-Chinese: Aloo Manchuria (Aloo: Potato: Aloo Gadda)
Aloo/Potato Manchuria is my sister's favorite dish and she has been making this for quite sometime now and each time she tried she asked me to try and see how it tastes. I told my mom that we should make that and she immediately started cutting potatoes but let me tell you that she hates potatoes big time and she ate only one piece after making it. She says one piece once in a while is ok but not everyday. Btw, Ravi commented on this and said that he found Aloo Manchuria more tastier than any other Manchuria.
Sending this over to A.W.E.D Theme: Chinese
Anyways, coming to the Recipe, here it is..
Printer-Friendly Recipe: Aloo Manchuria
Potatoes-2 (cut into any shape you want)
1 cup each of Maida and Corn flour
1 capcisum/green bell pepper
2 tbsp chilli garlic sauce
2 green chillies, chopped (and increase according to your taste)
1 tbsp chopped ginger
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp pepper
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil for shallow frying
oil for deep frying
ajinomoto, a pinch
half bunch cilantro
spring onions, optional for garnish
- Add maida, corn flour, salt and pepper to the potatoes and mix well with very little water.
- Deep fry potatoes in oil and keep aside.
- Take a wide pan, pour 2 tbsp oil, add green chillies, ginger and garlic pieces and fry for a minute.
- Increase heat and add onions and green peppers and fry them till until they turn light brown.
- Add soy sauce, chilli garlic sauce, ajinomoto, pepper, salt and little water. Let that cook for a minute. Add cilantro and mix well.
- Add fried potatoes and mix until the mixture coats well on all potatoes. Remove and garnish with cilantro or spring onions. Serve hot.