I ran out of tomatoes and I thought of making some recipe that can go without tomatoes. I though about Coriander Rice immediately and since I bought fresh coriander leaves from the store just y’day, I thought coriander would give out a nice flavor to the rice.
1 bunch of coriander
1 medium onion, chopped
2 green chillies or according to your spice levels
½ tbsp dry mint powder or few fresh mint leaves
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
salt to taste
1 cup cooked rice (with salt)
1 tbsp jeera
¼ tbsp each of rai/mustard, chana dal, urad dal
2 or 3 red chillies
a pinch of hing
- Heat oil in a pan, add seasoning stuff and sauté it for a minute on a low heat.
- Add onions and fry them till they turn brown.
- Make a paste of coriander and green chillies with little salt and add it to the above mixture.
- Also add mint, ginger garlic paste to the above mixture and cook till the raw smells goes. (You can add only ginger if you don’t like garlic).
- Add some roasted cashew nuts at the end.
- Mix with cooked rice and add little lemon if you like.
Serve it as it is or with yogurt.